Sunday, February 19, 2012

What I've been working on: Chuppah Quilt

For our wedding, PD and I built a chuppah for the ceremony. PD built the frame out of wood, and I sewed the top with the intention of one day making it into a quilt for our home.

Steph & PD

Me and PD under our chuppah on our wedding day

Chuppah quilt

A few weekends ago, after picking up some 100% cotton quilt batting on sale at Fabricland, I finally finished our chuppah quilt! My forearms were a little sore from wrestling the 6 foot x 6 foot quilt through my sewing machine. It was certainly worth it though.

Chuppah quilt

The quilt now has a home on our couch with our pillows and our friend Earl the Owl.


Chuppah Quilt in action
 
It is a nice lightweight blanket that we will enjoy for many years to come. It also makes a great napping blanket, as PD demonstrates for us.

 -Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment